If you’re looking at applying for a mortgage, it’s paramount that your credit file is in order.
Today, it’s easier than ever to ensure that your credit file is up to date and accurate. There are numerous companies offering services to enable you to check what’s held on your credit file and there are tips to get your score and file in shape ready for any credit or mortgage application you may make.
There are three credit reference agencies, these are CallCredit, Equifax and Experian. These companies keep information on record that lenders will refer to when you make an application for a mortgage or other credit.
Should there be any errors on your file, even small ones, these can affect your chances of being accepted and cause you problems if not rectified.
Here are some tips to ensure you’re credit report is the best it can be;
- Check the address on any old accounts that you hold. Make sure the information held on you on all your accounts is both accurate and up to date.
- Anything that is incorrect on your file, seek to put it right.
- If you’re financially linked to somebody in your past and that link is no longer relevant, then ensure you financially delink yourself from them.
- Should you get rejected for a credit application always check your report afterwards to see why.
- If you have any accounts that you no longer use, ensure these are closed, these can count against you when making an application.
Taking these preventative measures may mean getting accepted where you may have not if you’d not address the matter.
If you’re thinking of applying for a mortgage then speak to one of our advisers to assist you through the process and find the right mortgage for your requirements. You can call 03333 44 85 11 or email email@example.com